Rothy's and Everlane both use recycled plastic to make comfortable women's flats - here's how they compare in comfort, style, and price
Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Rothy's and Everlane are two popular brands that offer knit flats.
- They're both made from recycled plastic bottles and are comfortable, breathable, and stylish. But they differ in feel, color options, and price (Rothy's are $125-$145, while Everlane's are $98).
- If you don't want to spend more than $100, are okay with fewer color options, and prefer a thicker, more structured feel, get a pair of Everlane Day Glove ReKnit flats.
- If you like shopping many different colors and patterns, want a low-maintenance shoe you can easily wash, and are looking for more flexibility and give, get a pair of Rothy's flats.
Recently, online clothing retailer Everlane released a knit iteration of its popular Day Glove flat. The women on the Insider Picks team reacted accordingly: by exploding with excitement and immediately slipping on the stylish, lightweight shoes the moment we received the boxes.Although brands like Everlane and Allbirds have all realized by now that a lot of women love wearing flats, the original startup that made a name of its flats is, of course, Rothy's. Advertisement
With its sleek silhouettes and distinctive blue trim, Rothy's can be seen in cities all over the country, from the hills of San Francisco to the subway cars of New York City. As you consider a new pair of flats to replace your scuffed up, worn down pair, it's probably top of mind in your list of options. However, newcomers like Everlane also look pretty enticing.
If you're stuck between Rothy's and Everlane, we've broken them down by a few factors (color and style options, fabric construction, feel, and price) so you can determine which one is best for your use and budget.Our team really likes both, so we can't give a conclusive answer on which is better - it all depends on your specific preferences. For a few more women's flats options to consider, check out our guide to the best flats you can buy.
Read on for a direct comparison between Rothy's and Everlane flats, below.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What they're made of
What it's like to wear and maintain themAdvertisement
What silhouettes and styles each brand offers
How much you'll pay for themAdvertisement
Which flats you should ultimately buy
- Chhattisgarh records 2,551 new COVID-19 cases, 29 deaths
- Ahmedabad reports 193 new COVID-19 cases, 256 recoveries
- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti - Interesting facts about the 'father of the nation'
- 1,108 COVID-19 cases in Nashik, tally reaches 76,984
- Surat district records 288 COVID-19 cases, 299 recoveries