Rudy Giuliani asked for apologies over Twitter following the submission of Mueller's Russia report with no charges against Trump
(Photo by Anthony Devlin/Getty Images)
- President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani said in a tweet Saturday that Democratic California Rep. Adam Schiff should apologize for saying there was "significant evidence" of Trump's collusion with Russia.
- Trump also called for former CIA director John Brennan to apologize for calling a Trump-Putin press conference "nothing short of treasonous."
- Giuliani's tweets came the morning after special counsel Robert Mueller turned in his final report of the Russia investigation to Attorney General William Barr.
- After investigators announced there would be no new indictments from the report, several lawmakers said the lack of new charges cleared Trump from further suspicion of collusion, a claim that hasn't been made by other investigators.
President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani joined scores of Trump allies who connected the lack of new indictments following special counsel Robert Mueller's final report on the Russia investigation to clearing Trump from further suspicion of Russian collusion, a claim that hasn't been specified by other investigators.Giuliani tweeted Saturday morning that Rep. Adam Schiff, who heads the House Intelligence Committee, should apologize for saying in February there is a wealth of evidence that President Donald Trump's campaign colluded with Russia.Advertisement
"[Adam Schiff] said 'there is significant evidence of collusion involving Trump campaign,'" Giuliani wrote. "I trust he is relieved there is no collusion. And I hope he will apologize for his mistake. We all make them. The real virtue is to admit it. It would help us heal."
Giuliani was referring to an ABC News interview in February where Schiff told host George Stephanopolous there was "ample evidence of collusion" between Trump's campaign and Mueller's findings from his two-year investigation.Read more: Top Republicans are calling to make the Mueller Russia investigation report public
The tweet about Schiff was Giuliani's second call-out related to the report. Hours earlier, Giuliani took aim at former CIA Director John Brennan for a comment he made last year that Trump's July 2018 press conference with Russian president Vladimir Putin was "nothing short of treasonous.""John Brennan said that POTUS action re Russian collusion was nothing short of treasonous," Giuliani wrote late Friday. "Well even very aggressive prosecutors brought no charges of collusion. As a patriot I trust Brennan is relieved. He should apologize for a charge that was damaging to our country. Treason??"In 2018, Brennan called a press conference that Trump held with Vladimir Putin "nothing short of treasonous," but later clarified that he didn't actually believe that Trump had committed treason.Advertisement
The special counsel's office said there would be no more indictments following the report on the investigation that has so far charged eight Americans once affiliated with Trump's campaign or administration, 13 Russian nationals, 12 Russian intelligence officers, three Russian companies, and two other people.
- Read more about the Russia investigation:
- Mueller turned his final report in to Attorney General William Barr, but the Russia probe is nowhere near finished
- Here's what happens next now that Mueller has submitted his report on the Russia investigation
- Here's what 'collusion' actually means, and whether members of Trump campaign could have broken the law
- Here's everyone who has been charged and convicted in the Russia probe so far
- Democrats demand that Attorney General William Barr release special counsel Robert Mueller's entire report on the Russia investigation
- Read Attorney General William Barr's letter to Congress on Robert Mueller's Russia investigation report
@AdamSchiff said "there is significant evidence of collusion involving Trump campaign." I trust he is relieved there is no collusion. And I hope he will apologize for his mistake. We all make them. The real virtue is to admit it. It would help us heal.- Rudy Giuliani (@RudyGiuliani) March 23, 2019
Rep. Adam Schiff tells @GStephanopoulos there is "ample evidence of collusion of the campaign and it's very much in the public record."- ABC News (@ABC) February 24, 2019
"Whether that will amount to a criminal conspiracy... we'll have to wait for Bob Mueller to tell us." https://t.co/QsQZaHIUKA pic.twitter.com/4IhNcuz1j9
John Brennan said that POTUS action re Russian collusion was nothing short of treasonous. Well even very aggressive prosecutors brought no charges of collusion. As a patriot I trust Brennan is relieved. He should apologize for a charge that was damaging to our country. Treason??- Rudy Giuliani (@RudyGiuliani) March 23, 2019
- Los Angeles County reports first death due to West Nile virus this year
- Xiaomi to give 2,500 smartphones worth ₹2 crore to needy kids in India
- Best Wi-Fi adapters for PC in India
- Google-backed Aye Finance brings on board former Hero Fincorp Chief Business Officer
- Study reveals why Covid-19 virus impacts patients differently