Russia's military has been rocked by a string of explosions and fires in recent weeks that have left dozens dead or wounded
- Over the past month and a half, the Russian military has seen a fire claim the lives of sailors aboard a secret nuclear submarine, an explosion at a ammunition depot, and, as of Thursday morning, an explosion during the testing of a rocket engine at a military test facility.
- Visit INSIDER's homepage for more stories.
The past few weeks have been rough for the Russian military, as a string of serious accidents have led to dozens of deaths and injuries.
Accidents are certainly not uncommon for the Russian military, which lost its only aircraft carrier last fall when a heavy crane punched a hole in it as the only dry dock suitable for carrying out repairs and maintenance on a ship that size sank due to a power failure, but the last few weeks have certainly been a challenge.
Over the past month and a half, the Russian military has seen a fire claim the lives of sailors aboard a secret nuclear submarine, an explosion at a ammunition depot, and, as of Thursday morning, an explosion during the testing of a rocket engine at a military test facility.
A deadly fire aboard a top-secret submarine in early July.
A huge explosion at an ammo depot at a military base on Aug. 5.
A deadly explosion of a missile engine at a military test site on Aug. 8.
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- iPhone SE 3, new iPad and Macs — Here’s what to expect from Apple’s spring event this year
- There are huge discounts on Nykaa, Zomato and shares of other listed tech startups
- ICICI Bank shares are sulking with the rest of the market, but analysts say it could make a lot of money for investors
- There is a silver lining in Vodafone Idea’s dark numbers
- Sensex drops over 200 points; Nifty slips below 17,600 — Asian Paints, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, Bajaj Finserv, Infosys, HCL Tech and Bajaj Finance top losers