Samsung and Huawei are both launching foldable smartphones this year - here's how they compare
- Huawei announced a foldable smartphone called the Mate X on Sunday, which will cost $2,600 when it launches.
- The announcement comes days after Samsung unveiled its own foldable smartphone, and there are some key differences between the two.
View all Offers
- 35% OFF
AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Portable Textilene Fabric and Steel Reclining Lounge Chair, Blue₹ 3499₹ 6000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Musca Fabric Single Seater Recliner (Brown, Chocolate)₹ 16699₹ 27000Buy On
- 30% OFF
Nilkamal Leo Computer Trolley/Table (Black/Walnut)₹ 3250₹ 3500Buy On
- 21% OFF
Metallika London King Size Metal Bed (Glossy Finish, Black) By FurnitureKraft₹ 8499₹ 10959Buy On
- 2% OFF
Sleepwell Starlite Discover 4-inch Firm King Size Foam Mattress (78*72*4 Inches)₹ 7149₹ 7928Buy On
It's only February, but it looks like smartphone makers have already established this year's biggest trend.
While 2017 was all about introducing phones with nearly borderless, edge-to-edge screens, and 2018 was about refining that design, 2019 is shaping up to be the year of the foldable smartphone.
Samsung unveiled its first foldable smartphone, the appropriately named Galaxy Fold, during an event last week alongside the company's new Galaxy S10 lineup. Just days later, Chinese phone giant Huawei debuted its own bendable smartphone, the Mate X, to kick off Mobile World Congress on Sunday. Both devices effectively double as phones and tablets, functioning as a phone when closed and a tablet when unfolded.
Although the two devices might sound similar in concept, there are some noteworthy differences between the two. Here's a look at how they compare based on what's been announced so far.
Huawei's phone has a wraparound display.
Samsung's phone opens like a book.
Huawei's device features a larger screen than Samsung's in both phone and tablet mode.
Huawei's phone also has a higher price to match that bigger display.
There are also other design differences between the two phones other than their display size and folding mechanism.
Samsung's Galaxy Fold has more memory than Huawei's foldable phone.
Samsung's phone also has more cameras than Huawei's.
Huawei's phone has a larger battery than Samsung's.
Samsung's phone will be released sooner than Huawei's.
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021
- One in five Urban Company professionals took home at least ₹38,000 a month, claims the company
- Rythu Bandhu scheme - Telangana government deposits ₹7,400 crore into the bank accounts of 62 lakh farmers
- As tepid two wheeler sales hurt Bajaj Auto’s profitability, stock slides 4%