Samsung and Huawei are both launching foldable smartphones this year - here's how they compare
- Huawei announced a foldable smartphone called the Mate X on Sunday, which will cost $2,600 when it launches.
- The announcement comes days after Samsung unveiled its own foldable smartphone, and there are some key differences between the two.
It's only February, but it looks like smartphone makers have already established this year's biggest trend.While 2017 was all about introducing phones with nearly borderless, edge-to-edge screens, and 2018 was about refining that design, 2019 is shaping up to be the year of the foldable smartphone.
Although the two devices might sound similar in concept, there are some noteworthy differences between the two. Here's a look at how they compare based on what's been announced so far.
Huawei's phone has a wraparound display.
Samsung's phone opens like a book.Advertisement
Huawei's device features a larger screen than Samsung's in both phone and tablet mode.
Huawei's phone also has a higher price to match that bigger display.Advertisement
There are also other design differences between the two phones other than their display size and folding mechanism.
Samsung's Galaxy Fold has more memory than Huawei's foldable phone.Advertisement
Samsung's phone also has more cameras than Huawei's.
Huawei's phone has a larger battery than Samsung's.Advertisement
Samsung's phone will be released sooner than Huawei's.
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021