Today's top tech news: Samsung is firing 1,000 employees, Apple TV+ plans to beat Netflix with fewer shows and Australia puts Facebook and YouTube on notice in a fight against online terrorism
- Samsung is firing 1,000 employees in India as a part of its cost rationalisation programme to increase profits.
- Apple TV+ is only going to hosting a handful of top tier shows in a bid to take on Netflix.
- Even short-term exposure to smoking electronic cigarettes might be damaging brain stem cells.
- Facebook and YouTube are on the Australian government’s radar and the country leads the charge against online terrorism.
- Ola Electric has raised $250 million from Softbank making it the newest entrant to India’s unicorn club.
- TikTok refutes Indian politician, Shashi Tharoor’s, claims that the app has been sharing data from India users with China.
This is Tech Insider’s daily dose of tech news
— everything that’s happening in tech that you need to know about today from Business Insider and its partner publications:
Samsung is firing 1,000 employees in India as cheaper Chinese smartphones squeeze profits