Satya Nadella's favorite Microsoft app now lets you give your coworkers a gold star
Praise is being added to Delve, a Microsoft Office 365 app that scans your email, calendar, documents, and whatever else to surface the stuff you need to see. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is reportedly a huge fan of the app. Delve is kind of like Facebook's social graph search, only applied to work: It provides a real-time news feed for what everybody in a team is working on, using data ganked from the Microsoft Office family of apps in real time.Now, it's getting a little more like Facebook, according to a recent Microsoft blog post.
Finally, Delve is also getting a new "authoring canvas," which is a fancy way of saying that you can write blog entries and make custom web pages that you can share out across the Delve network.Praise is coming to the early feature adopter users of Microsoft Office 365 in the USA starting on Thursday, and Favorites goes worldwide to early adopters then too. The authoring canvas is starting to roll out to Microsoft's business customers on Thursday as well.In general, Microsoft seems to be investing heavily in making its Office apps both smart and familiar to use. In all cases, it seems like that boils down to making them more like Facebook.
- Andhra ASHA worker's death following Covid jab triggers protest
- Downloadable e-version of voter identity card to be launched on January 25
- Covid-19 test mandatory for guests attending Varun Dhawan's wedding
- First confirmed case of COVID-19 in pet reported in South Korea
- All iPhone 13 models to come with sensor-shift camera stabilisation, says report