Say hello to India’s largest warship. It’s on its way
AdvertisementIndia has cleared the construction of its largest warship. The
Aircraft carriers are the most powerful naval warfare equipment across the globe. They can travel 600 nautical miles a day with heavy arms on board. The INS Vishal would be able to launch fighter jets and heavier aircrafts from its deck.
The possible reasons behind India’s step could be the increasing Chinese influence in the Indian Ocean. It has commissioned its first carrier Liaoning in 2012 and is currently building four more, two regulars and two 90,000-tonne nuclear-powered super carriers.
Moreover, India’s INS Viraat will retire early next year. That leaves only INS Vikramaditya to lead the navy. The INS Vikrant is being built at the Cochin Shipyard, but will only be ready to join by 2018.
Popular on BI
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock