School Bags That Open Up To Be Study Desks For 10 Bucks
Technology is of no use if it doesn’t help people, and going by that definition, Aarambh, an NGO that works for underprivileged children and
Due to lack of resources, school kids in rural India have to sit on the ground, resulting in poor eyesight, bad seating posture and also, poor handwriting.
What this NGO did was to use used cartons to create a pre-set stencil design. The cartons were then cut and folded to create desks that could open up as school bags, aptly called Help Desk
Watch the video, to understand how this great innovative idea provided smiles on the faces of rural kids of Maharashtra for as less than Rs 10 per piece.
Popular on BI
- Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
- IndiGo profit soars to ₹1,422.6 crore in December quarter
- Marico Q3 net profit falls 5% to ₹333 cr, revenue up 2.6% to ₹2,470 cr
- Tata Power Q3 net profit nearly doubles to ₹1,052 crore
- Gautam Adani loses richest Indian tag in 1 yr as he drops from 2 to 21 in world rich list