Forget almond, soy, and even dairy milk: Oat milk should be the only milk you drink. Here's why.
Paul Zinken/Picture Alliance via Getty Images
- Oat milk is taking over the world, and for a good reason.
- Its rich, neutral taste and dairy-like consistency make it a perfect dairy milk substitute, and it's also one of the most environmentally friendly options out there.
- Dairy milk has long set the standard for taste, but it's been known to have a negative impact on the environment. Now that oat milk has pretty much met that taste standard, it's time to do away with dairy milk for good.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)₹ 13999₹ 15999Buy On
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999₹ 29999Buy On
- 24% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 (Light Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 12999₹ 16999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition (Arctic Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | FHD+ sAMOLED | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime (SM-M215GLBDINS)₹ 11999₹ 14499Buy On
The rise of oat milk is inevitable, and the fall of dairy milk has already begun.
As consumption of dairy milk continues to decline, consumption of alternative milks is on the rise, with oat milk's upward trajectory the most meteoric among them. So what makes oat milk the one milk to rule them all?
Oat milk scores high on two of the arguably most important metrics: its rich, neutral taste makes it a good substitute for dairy milk, and, alongside soy milk, it's the most environmentally friendly option, according to the BBC's environmental impact calculator. Also, almost everybody can drink it.
It's time to face the truth: other milks are doomed. I'll break down why, one milk at a time.
This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author(s).
Still, dairy milk is likely here to stay.
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable
- CRED's ad featuring Rahul Dravid was the most viral ad in IPL 2021: Report
- Best steel plates for lunch and dinner in India
- Amazon-backed office shuttle service Shuttl finds a saviour in Chalo
- Thermal power plants in Tamil Nadu emit more toxic gases than permissible limits, finds study