Here are all the things you won't be able to use after India bans single-use plastics
- The government of India may ban six single-use plastic items on October 2.
- Several state governments including Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh already banned plastic products, with fines.
- Here's the list of all the items that you won't be able to use after India bans single-use plastic.
The government will reportedly provide six months time for people to adapt to alternatives, before imposing a fine.
Earlier, the P M Narendra Modi pledged to omit the use of
What is Single-use plastic and why the government is banning it?
Any plastic items which we will throw away or recycle after using it once comes under the single-use plastics. They include popular items like carrying bags, bottle caps, sachets, wrappers, food packets etc.
What is the punishment for breaching the law?
Several state governments including Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh already banned plastic products, with fines.
Maharashtra government levied a fine of ₹5,00 for first-time offenders, ₹10,000 for the second offense and a penalty of ₹25,000 with three-month jail for the third.
States like Punjab imposed punishments that include five-year term prison with ₹1 lakh fine or both, for breaching the law.
Here's a list of items that you won't be able to use if the government bans single-use plastic
Plastic carry bags
Popular on BI
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera