Here's how much plastic people end up eating everyday
- We are drinking, eating, and breathing tiny plastics every day.
plasticparticles known as microplasticsare everywhere – including in our drinking-water.
- According to WWF, an average person eats 100,000 microplastics in a year.
According to WWF, an average person eats 100,000 microplastics in a year.
‘We are drinking, eating, and breathing tiny plastics every day’
UN s cientists say marine settings, freshwater, food, water and air consists microplastics.
Yet, we are unaware of it affects us, as there is little information available on the effect of microplastics. As of now, experts believe that
"Tiny plastic particles known as microplastics are everywhere – including in our drinking-water but they are not necessarily a risk to human health," said UN experts said on July 22.
UN has urged further investigation into the matter.
Humans produced as much as 400 million tons of plastic in 2015. And, the amounts are only rising annually. Experts estimate that plastic production will double by 2025, reported Wired.
Globally, people dump 8 million tons of plastic into the oceans and researchers aren't able to trace the 99% of it. As the researchers dig deeper into the matter of microplastics, we continue to eat, drink and breathe it.
- UP minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Come back and innovate in India, Indian minister Dharmendra Pradhan tells overseas students
- Godrej looks to gain mkt share, add distressed projects amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Karnataka's COVID-19 tally may double in next 15-30 days: Health Minister
- UP govt announces complete lockdown on weekends to check COVID-19 spread