Here's how much plastic people end up eating everyday
- We are drinking, eating, and breathing tiny plastics every day.
plasticparticles known as microplasticsare everywhere – including in our drinking-water.
- According to WWF, an average person eats 100,000 microplastics in a year.
According to WWF, an average person eats 100,000 microplastics in a year.
‘We are drinking, eating, and breathing tiny plastics every day’
AdvertisementUN s cientists say marine settings, freshwater, food, water and air consists microplastics.
Yet, we are unaware of it affects us, as there is little information available on the effect of microplastics. As of now, experts believe that
"Tiny plastic particles known as microplastics are everywhere – including in our drinking-water but they are not necessarily a risk to human health," said UN experts said on July 22.
UN has urged further investigation into the matter.
Humans produced as much as 400 million tons of plastic in 2015. And, the amounts are only rising annually. Experts estimate that plastic production will double by 2025, reported Wired.
Globally, people dump 8 million tons of plastic into the oceans and researchers aren't able to trace the 99% of it. As the researchers dig deeper into the matter of microplastics, we continue to eat, drink and breathe it.
- Class 12 students waiting with bated breath for the final verdict on board exams
- CBSE class 10 results likely to be delayed as marks submission deadline for schools extended till June 30
- Maharashtra to consider staggered reopening depending on the COVID-19 cases in the state
- Indian government drops plasma therapy from guidelines for COVID-19 management