Here's how much plastic people end up eating everyday
- We are drinking, eating, and breathing tiny plastics every day.
plasticparticles known as microplasticsare everywhere – including in our drinking-water.
- According to WWF, an average person eats 100,000 microplastics in a year.
According to WWF, an average person eats 100,000 microplastics in a year.
‘We are drinking, eating, and breathing tiny plastics every day’
UN s cientists say marine settings, freshwater, food, water and air consists microplastics.
Yet, we are unaware of it affects us, as there is little information available on the effect of microplastics. As of now, experts believe that
"Tiny plastic particles known as microplastics are everywhere – including in our drinking-water but they are not necessarily a risk to human health," said UN experts said on July 22.
UN has urged further investigation into the matter.
Humans produced as much as 400 million tons of plastic in 2015. And, the amounts are only rising annually. Experts estimate that plastic production will double by 2025, reported Wired.
Globally, people dump 8 million tons of plastic into the oceans and researchers aren't able to trace the 99% of it. As the researchers dig deeper into the matter of microplastics, we continue to eat, drink and breathe it.
Popular on BI
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes