Pictures of devastation due to Assam floods that has killed two and displaced people in nearly a thousand villages in 21 districts
- A total of 21 districts and 950 villages in Assam have been affected by the floods.
- It has also affected over 2 lakh animals with 70% of the Kaziranga Park submerged.
- The river island Majuli is one of the worst affected due to the floods.
View all Offers
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
- 8% OFF
OnePlus 9R 5G (Lake Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 36999₹ 39999Buy On
- 11% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G (Phantom Black, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 84999₹ 95999Buy On
- 28% OFF
OPPO A31 (Mystery Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 11490₹ 15990Buy On
According to ASDMA, the worst hit districts in Assam include Lakhimpur with over a lakh people affected, and a crop area of 8,166 hectares damaged due to the floods. The river island Majuli is also one of the worst affected with 64,909 people and 4,258 hectares of crop area affected. Other submerged districts include Biswanath, Darrang, Jorhat, Sivasagar, and Tinsukia.
The flood in Assam continues to be grim today. Altogether 950 villages & 3.63 lakh people of 21 districts are in th… https://t.co/RnHzjCYkBL— Tirtha Prasad Saikia (@Tirthaneads) 1630343724000
Assam flood has deteriorated with nearly 2.58 lakh people affected. A distressing moment again as it strikes during… https://t.co/uwXZNkLJO6— Tirtha Prasad Saikia (@Tirthaneads) 1630248802000
Kaziranga National Park.#floods(Courtesy: KNP Directorate) https://t.co/8riJGrE9Ae— Shantanu Nandan Sharma (@shantanunandan2) 1630382428000
This has also caused deaths of four hog deer due to drowning, attacks by villagers and accidents while crossing the National Highway-37, the report added. The Assam government has also issued advisory on heavy vehicle movement along NH-37 that passes through the reserve.
ADVISORY@kaziranga_ has started issuing time cards to regulate traffic in animal corridors.Heavy trucks are kind… https://t.co/Hjh7rMkUjr— Kaziranga National Park & Tiger Reserve (@kaziranga_) 1630259705000
Mumbai's Nariman point, Mantralaya areas will be submerged by 2050 if people don’t ‘wake up’, says city’s municipal chief
NASA report: These Indian cities are likely to go underwater by the end of this century
- Can crypto go green? Here are six questions that explain the digital world's bid to become eco-friendly
- Nykaa raises nearly ₹2,400 crore in anchor investment from Government of Singapore, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and others
- ITC, Adani Ports, Bajaj Auto, Titan and other hot stocks to watch out for on October 28
- Nykaa IPO will open today — here is how to apply via bank and apps like Zerodha, Paytm Money
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million