These are the 10 most congested cities in Asia
- Metro Manilla was named as the most congested city among 278 cities in Asia.
- Benguluru is the fifth most congested city in Asia.
Mumbai— which witnesses the worst traffic flow in the world — did not make it to the top 10.
AdvertisementTraffic jams across the world are rising in number and intensity. It is costing countries time as well as money.
In India, Delhi, Mumbai,
According to a report by Asian Development Bank Metro Manilla was named as the most congested city among 278 cities in Asia. And, four of the top ten most congested cities in the list were Indian.
Surprisingly, Mumbai — which witnesses the worst traffic flow in the world — did not make it to the top 10.
“Cities experiencing more severe congestion may have invested more in road networks, but the networks remain far from sufficient to alleviate congestion,'' said a report by Asian Development Bank (ADB).
ADB compiled the data for 278 cities using night-time lights images from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, grid population data from LandScan Datasets of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and trip routes from Google Maps.
Here are the 10 most congested cities in Asia —
1. Metro Manila, Philippines
2. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. Yangon City, Myanmar
4. Dhaka, Bangladesh
5. Bengaluru, India
6. Ha Noi, Vietnam
7. Kolkata, India
8. Delhi, India
9. Pune, India
10. Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Popular on BI
- RBI extends deadline to exchange, deposit Rs 2,000 notes till Oct 7
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes