22 biotech companies that will likely get bought as M&A heats up this summer
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, and today in
- 22 biotech companies that will likely get bought;
- Why the technology used to develop Pfizer's and Moderna's shots could help us treat more diseases;
- The next big public health threat is drug-resistant fungi.
Top biotech analysts say M&A is set to heat up this summer. Here are the 22 drug companies that are likely to get bought.
- Drug industry M&A has been slow in the first half of 2021, thanks to regulatory concerns and a stock market lull.
- Analysts at Jefferies say that the field is primed for new deals.
- Drug companies have more than $500 billion to spend. Companies like Vertex have said they're shopping.
Experts explain why the mRNA tech that revolutionized COVID-19 vaccines could be the answer to incurable diseases, heart attacks, and even snake bites: 'The possibilities are endless'
- The tech in Moderna's and Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccines could mend any protein in the body, experts say.
- The vaccines use a piece of genetic code, called
mRNA, to tell cells what to produce.
- In the future, mRNA could help treat heart attacks, malaria, even deadly snake bites, six leading experts told Insider.
- Some fungi have recently evolved drug
resistance, to the concern of scientists.
- Fungi like C. auris infect the most vulnerable patients with compromised immune systems.
- COVID-19 treatments can leave hospitalized patients defenseless against superbugs.
More stories we're reading:
- Galileo Health acquired a startup built by two college students. Here's how they did it. (MobiHealth News)
- Here are all the states offering cash prizes as an incentive to get the COVID-19 vaccine (Insider)
- What really happened with the recent Yankees COVID-19 outbreak (New York Magazine)
- The new CDC mask guidelines are confusing and could actually make the spread of COVID-19 worse, a group of leading physicians said (Insider)
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles