24 biotech startups that are poised to take off
Third Rock Ventures; Andreessen Horowitz; Arch Venture Capital; RTW Investments; Skye Gould/Insider
- The 24 biotech startups VCs say will take off in the next year;
- Flawed ideas about testosterone are fueling Republican bills to ban trans kids in sports;
- Your COVID-19 vaccine isn't perfect.
- Insider asked 12 top VCs to name
biotechstartups poised to take off in the next 12 months.
- Here are the 24 startups they named and what each biotech is working on.
- They are revolutionizing manufacturing, bringing tech into the lab, and developing innovative drugs.
Republicans want to prevent future Olympians like Laurel Hubbard - so they're banning trans kids from school sports
- Many anti-trans bills that lawmakers are voting on aim to ban trans kids in school sports.
- There is no evidence that trans women's testosterone levels give them an advantage over their cis competitors.
- On an elite level, trans athletes are underrepresented.
vaccinesaren't perfect, and you can still get sick after you have all your shots.
- But a vaccinated person's infection will likely be milder, because their body has built up its defenses.
- Vaccines are a lot like seatbelts: they save lives, but they can't prevent crashes.
More stories we're reading:
- VCs name the top 15 startups in the psychedelics industry (Insider)
- We're realizing COVID-19 will be around for a while, and it's leading to anger and denial (Stat News)
- Surgeon general says he's 'deeply concerned' as COVID-19 cases reach record highs in Florida (Insider)
- COVAX is running into issues getting shots administered as Delta spreads (The New York Times)
Popular on BI
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- WazirX receives 1023 requests for data from law enforcement in October-March 2022
- Elon Musk was dating Amber Heard and finalizing a divorce around the time he's said to have sexually harassed a SpaceX flight attendant
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22