27 biotech execs who've sold the most stock
Welcome to Business Insider's daily healthcare newsletter, your daily dose of pharma,
Hello,If taking on a surge in coronavirus cases wasn't enough, US hospitals are facing cyberattacks from Russia, which could be massively disruptive, the US is warning.
Biotech execs hunting for COVID-19 vaccines and treatments have raked in more than $1 billion by selling company stock this year. Here are the 27 leaders who've cashed in the most.
- Executives and board members from 14 biotech companies working on coronavirus vaccines and treatments have sold more than $1 billion in company stock this year.
- Business Insider asked Equilar, an executive-compensation-analysis firm, to tally hundreds of financial disclosures of stock sales made by company insiders.
The top startup accelerator just released its how-to guide for scientists and academics who want to start companies. Here's what Y Combinator says all founders need to know.
- Startup accelerator
Y Combinatorjust released its first comprehensive guide for spinning scientific research out of universities and into companies, a common way many biotech startups are founded.
- Y Combinator has funded 75 companies that have come out of academia, and compiled those experiences in a comprehensive guide for potential founders with similar backgrounds.
- Business Insider got an exclusive look at the guide itself.
UBS just shared the 4 biotech stocks investors should buy now — including 2 that could soar more than 50%
UBSon Tuesday initiated coverage on nine biotech companies.
- The analysts noted that they're optimistic about where the biotech sector will be in 2021, after a good 2019 and a promising 2020 so far.
- UBS analysts gave buy ratings to four biotech companies.
More stories we're reading:
- Nordstrom covered health insurance for furloughed workers. Now it wants them to pay it back as Americans' savings are dwindling to $0.(Business Insider)
- An inside look at the fight over Pinterest's health misinformation policy (Stat News)
- The Trump administration is getting set to announce that Medicare and Medicaid will cover COVID-19 vaccines (CNN)
- Having more than 5 coronavirus symptoms is a sign you could be at risk of a long-term case, new research shows(Business Insider)
- We just got our first look at sales of Gilead's coronavirus-fighting drug remdesivir (Business Insider)
- Dr. Fauci predicts no COVID-19 vaccine until at least January, and warns of a 'whole lot of pain' if US cases continue to surge (Business Insider)
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit