27 pharma execs involved in the hunt for COVID-19 vaccines have raked in more than $1 billion by selling stock this year. Here's who's cashed in the most from Regeneron, Moderna, Vir, and more.
Executives in charge of
Shares of the companies they helm have soared this year, fueled by investors eager to reap a windfall from combating the pandemic. The executives and board members have benefited from the market's enthusiasm by selling stock and exercising options.The executive-compensation firm Equilar analyzed hundreds of stock sales through the first nine months of 2020 for Business Insider. We identified 20 biotechs that have seen their share prices climb significantly this year and have been prominently involved in COVID-19 research, including Moderna, Regeneron, and Vir Biotechnology. Fourteen of the 20 companies had insiders who reported selling stock this year.
Subscribe to Business Insider to read the full story:
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit