3 signs you should exfoliate your face more often
- Exfoliating your
skincan be a great way to get rid of dry flakes and promote quick cell turnover.
- Most dermatologists recommend exfoliating your skin two to three times a week to not dry out your face.
- You can tell it's time to
exfoliateif your face is dry, extra oily, or dull.
Exfoliating your skin with a gritty face wash, chemical peel, or face brush can be a great way to reduce acne, dryness, and give your face an even texture.
Knowing when to exfoliate is crucial so you don't dry out your face or irritate your skin. Insider previously reported most dermatologists say exfoliating two to three times a week is sufficient.For those of us who struggle to keep up with our skin regimen, here are three signs it's time to exfoliate your face.
Your skin is flaky and dryAn easy way to tell it's time to exfoliate is if your skin is actively trying to shed dead cells.
Insider previously reported the best way to exfoliate dry skin is using a chemical exfoliator, as dry skin can tear easily. Peels that contain alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) are good for dry skin because they gently remove dead skin.
Your cheeks, forehead, and chin are extra oily
Going too long without exfoliating can increase your skin's oil production. If your face is producing more oil than usual, this could mean your face is having trouble retaining moisture.Insider previously reported using a combination of an exfoliator that contains salicylic acid and a physical exfoliator, like a brush, can help strip away excess oil and clear acne. Experts recommend exfoliating oily skin up to three times a week.
Your face looks dull
If your face looks dull and lifeless, you can give your skin an extra glow by exfoliating. Removing the dead layer of skin over your face can help give you a more awake look.
Depending on your skin type, you can use a chemical or physical exfoliant to strip away this additional layer of skin.
- PolicyBazaar’s CEO Yashish Dahiya took home about ₹3 crore — here’s a look at other top paid execs at the fintech startup headed for IPO
- India’s largest home loan provider HDFC has given real estate stocks another reason to rally
- India’s Covaxin effective against Delta Plus variant of COVID-19, reveals ICMR study
- China’s crackdown on cryptocurrency trading will continue as its central bank raises the heat on financial institutions
- COVID-19 is back in Wuhan and many other parts of China that have been ‘virus free’ for months