6 things to know about Biden's plan to transform vaccine rollout
Starting the week typically feels like a sprint, but especially when there's a major national event on Wednesday.
Ahead of that, today in
Joe Bidenwill be taking office on Wednesday just as the US is in the middle of an enormous coronavirus vaccineeffort.
- The vaccine rollout so far has been chaotic, and Biden will be in charge of retooling the program, as he takes charge of efforts to pull the US out of the pandemic.
- The plan will no longer go by the Trump administration's name, "Operation Warp Speed."
Aledade just raised $100 million in a round that values the primary-care startup at $2.1 billion. Here's the presentation that won over investors.
Aledadejust raised $100 million in a Series D funding round led by Meritech Capital.
- The startup, which is transforming the way independent primary-care practices are paid, is valued at $2.1 billion, according to sources close to the deal.
- The funding round comes after a year of explosive growth for Aledade, despite the coronavirus pandemic.
A startup that raised $175 million to fix primary and urgent care is still struggling with what its CEO called the 'most complex' problem in healthcare
Carbon Healthcofounder and CEO Eren Bali on Twitter explained why his startup is still struggling with price transparency.
- Bali said his goal is to have doctors and patients decide on treatments and tests based on costs together during a visit.
- The complexity of insurance plans and legacy billing models make it so the automated system to calculate those costs is wrong roughly 40% of the time.
More stories we're reading:
- Billionaire investor Vinod Khosla says healthcare's biggest problems can be solved with AI. Here's his vision for 2030's healthcare system. (Business Insider)
- The vaccine reserve was already up when the Trump administration said it was going to release it (Washington Post)
- Europe and Canada are facing temporary hits to coronavirus vaccine supply while Pfizer renovates a Belgian plant to eventually produce more doses (Business Insider)
- Eric Lander will serve as Biden's science advisor (Stat News)
- Ancestry is pulling its health DNA test about a year after launch (Bloomberg)
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India