A billionaire couple is behind the historic coronavirus vaccine
- A scientist power-couple is a driving force behind
Pfizer's new coronavirus vaccine.
- Dr. Ugur Sahin is the CEO and Dr. Özlem Türeci the chief medical officer of
BioNTech, the company that created the vaccine in partnership with Pfizer.
- Business Insider took a deep dive into who they are, and how they've made their mark on modern medicine.
Pfizer's new coronavirus vaccine — which boasts at least a 90% efficacy in early trials — made history as the fastest vaccine ever developed.
The vaccine was developed in partnership with German company BioNTech, a company cofounded by a Turkish-German married couple who became
The vaccine-power couple met while working at a university hospital in southwest Germany; they are both German citizens of Turkish origins (Sahin moved with his family to Germany when he was 4 years old).
Sahin is the son of car factory workers, and developed his love of science and research by reading science books. Türeci grew up watching her surgeon father operate on patients.
Business Insider took a deep dive into the couple that may just help us get to the other side of this pandemic.
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Toy trains for kids
- Gig jobs are popular with pocket-money seeking teens, for primary earners it’s a burden
- Fintech services platform Razorpay acquires offline payments firm Ezetap
- RBI tightens norms for Chinese lending apps
- Unacademy founder Gaurav Munjal says its job hiring platform will see no layoffs