A gynecologist says you should use facial cleanser on your vulva. Here's why.
- Dr. Jennifer Gunter, an OB/GYN, tweeted people should use gentle facial cleansers on their vulvas.
- Typical soap can have a negative effect on your vagina's pH balance, which can cause yeast infections.
- But be sure not to use products with salicylic acid, as this can be extra-drying and irritating.
Proper vaginal hygiene is crucial to maintaining a proper pH balance, as an unbalanced pH can cause yeast infections and even bacterial vaginosis.
This means it's essential to use the right kind of cleansers on your
"CeraVe facial cleanser is also what I recommend for the vulva. Soap raises the
Gentle cleansers are fine to use on your vulva, but watch out for washes made for acne that contain salicylic acid
While gentle facial cleansers are great for cleaning your vulva, careful not to use facial cleansers containing salicylic acid, as these can be irritating and drying.Salicylic acid is a common acne treatment in many facial cleansers geared towards clear skin. It works by making your skin shed more cells, which can reduce the redness of acne and get rid of acne quickly. However, on sensitive skin like the kind found on your vulva, it can be irritating and cause an imbalance in your pH.
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC