Apple's health team is losing a key top exec
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, back at the helm of this daily newsletter. Today in
- A top Apple Health exec is leaving to join Carbon Health;
- Humana's pouring millions into startups to shape the future of healthcare;
- The 3 things a biotech VC looks for in a startup's presentation.
A top Apple Health executive is leaving for a startup that's trying to upend primary care for the masses
- Apple's head of strategic bets in healthcare, Myoung Cha, is leaving the company.
- He joined
Applein 2015 to help carve out its health strategy and partnerships.
- Cha is joining Carbon Health, a primary care startup, as president of home-based care and chief strategy officer.
How health-insurance giant Humana is shaping the future of healthcare by pumping billions into home health and medical clinic companies
- Health insurer
Humanais using its cash to shape the future of healthcare outside of hospitals.
- Humana has invested in home-healthcare companies such as DispatchHealth, Heal, and Kindred at Home.
- It's also helping clinic upstarts such as Iora Health, ChenMed, and Oak Street Health expand.
Perceptive just raised $515 million to place bets on biotech startups. The fund's manager told us the 3 things he looks for in a startup's pitch.
Perceptive Advisorsjust raised a $515 million fund to bet on biotech startups.
- In a crowded biotech investment field, Perceptive wants to stand out by being "entrepreneur friendly."
- One of Perceptive's portfolio managers revealed the myths and facts about what investors look for in a pitch.
More stories we're reading:
- The Biden administration is working with Uber and Lyft to provide free rides to vaccine sites through July 4 (The Wall Street Journal)
- Anti-vaxxers aren't the problem. Why our plan to get the rest of America vaccinated is wrong - and what we should be doing instead. (Insider)
- Ginkgo is officially going public via SPAC in a deal that values the synthetic biology company at $17.5 billion (Bloomberg)
- A 23-year-old Italian woman received 6 times the recommended amount of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine (Insider)
- WhatsApp is working on a ‘login approval’ feature to help prevent hacking – here’s everything you need to know
- Tata Motors acquires Ford’s manufacturing plant in Gujarat for ₹726 crore
- Ronnie Screwvala's edtech company upGrad bags ₹1,670 crore
- Tiruchi's farmers stare at heavy losses as 750 acres of farm land is flooded
- LG unveils wireless earbuds with unique head-tracking spatial audio