Arnold Schwarzenegger shared his go-to plant based meals, which includes a protein smoothie with a shot of booze
Arnold Schwarzeneggershared his go-to vegan meals like veggie soup and proteinshakes in his newsletter.
- He said he enjoys a cucumber salad with nutrient-dense pumpkin seed oil with every dinner.
Arnold Schwarzenegger said his staple
Schwarzenegger said every dinner includes veggie soup, cucumber salad, and pumpkin seed oil.
"Pumpkin seed oil is a huge deal in Styria, the state in Austria where I was born. And it is delicious," he wrote.
Pumpkin seeds are a great source of healthy fats and nutrients like zinc, potassium, magnesium, and iron, and so is the oil.
Schwarzenegger said his post-workout snack is a protein shake with berries or a banana, cherry juice, and sometimes a shot of tequila or schnapps.
His said his preferred protein powder is a vegan blend of peas and pumpkin from Ladder, a supplement brand he co-founded with LeBron James. Combining sources of plant-based protein can help provide a "complete" protein, or one that includes all the essential amino acids for maximum health benefits.
Cherry juice may also help boost recovery and ease muscle aches after exercise, according to evidence.
As for the alcohol, drinking in moderation likely won't interfere with overall fitness goals, a personal trainer previously told Insider. However, too much alcohol right after a workout may impair your muscles' ability to repair and grow, even if you're drinking a protein cocktail, some research suggests. Alcohol can also reduce your sleep quality, research indicates, which can not only interrupt your recovery, but may make you feel less ready to hit the gym the next day.
As a result, it may be better to wait at least an hour or two after exercise to imbibe, be sure to stay hydrated, and avoid overindulging.
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000