Bella Hadid says she's quit drinking hard liquor but not Champagne: 'I have learned what my body can and can't handle'
- Bella Hadid told InStyle she has resumed moderate drinking after taking a break from alcohol in mid-2021.
- The supermodel said she realized she feels anxious when drinking, and quitting helped her to manage her Lyme disease symptoms.
Bella Hadid said she hasn't quit alcohol entirely — but she has swapped hard liquor for Champagne.
The supermodel told InStyle she cut out hard liquor as an attempt to "scale back" her alcohol consumption this year.
"Moderation is everything for me," Hadid said. "While I rarely get 'drunk' anymore, I've completely stopped drinking hard alcohol… I have learned what my body can and can't handle. I'm a 'glass of Champagne and head home' kind of girl."
Hadid temporarily quit drinking in mid-2021, according to a previous interview with InStyle. The 25-year-old said she used to "love alcohol" but eventually started canceling nights out because she could not control herself. She stepped away from alcohol after receiving a brain scan from celebrity neurologist Dr. Daniel Amen that she found concerning.
Hadid had been arrested for a DUI when she was 17, according to E! News.
Hadid also told InStyle she moved away from alcohol due to feeling low-energy and anxious when drinking. She has made "brain care" her priority after revealing she struggles with brain fog due to her Lyme disease diagnosis.
Young women like Hadid are helping lead the new "sober curious movement," or the Gen Z and millennial trend of stepping away from booze. Kin Euphorics, a non-alcohol beverage brand that uses functional mushrooms, brought Hadid on as a co-founder and partner in late 2021.
Millennials and Zoomers are drinking less than Boomers and Gen X did at their age, according to the University of Michigan's 2017 Monitoring the Future study. A recent global study concluded there are no benefits to drinking alcohol for people under 40.
- RIL to start churning free cash flows as operating income rises, says JP Morgan
- Indian equity market enters coveted USD 4-trillion market cap club for first time
- Lesser known facts about Charlie Munger, Warren Buffet’s second and accomplice
- Fedbank Financial Services IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Flair Writing IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more