Recovering from COVID-19? Here’s a diet chart and a few tips you should keep in mind
- The COVID-19 infection disrupts your immune system, so it is necessary to build your immunity and regain your strength.
- Vitamin C plays a major role in boosting your immunity as it increases the production of white blood cells in your body.
- Here’s a diet chart which you can follow post COVID-19 recovery as per suggested by Subhasree Ray Kale
Recovering from COVID-19 is not the only battle to win but maintaining your health post infection is also a significant challenge. The COVID-19 infection disrupts your immune system, so it is necessary to build your immunity and regain your strength.
Some key ways of boosting your immunity are workout or walking, eating fresh food, taking vitamins and minerals via natural food sources, staying hydrated, getting good sleep, suggests Subhasree Ray Kale, an expert in holistic nutrition and well being.
Vitamin C plays a major role in boosting your immunity as it increases the production of white blood cells in your body. Grapes, amla, oranges, lemons, limes, guava, pineapple are excellent sources of Vitamin C.
Other than fruits, spinach, bell peppers, tomato, radish, broccoli, leafy vegetables contain vitamin A, E and C and fibres which will help you regain your immunity and strength, says Kale.
Here’s a diet chart which you can follow post COVID-19 recovery as per suggested by Kale --
Early in the morning: Amla juice/carrot-beet juice/green smoothie/milk with turmeric/ginger tea/basil tea/green tea.
Breakfast: Oats/dalia/corn-flakes/wheat-flakes/idli/plain dosa/brown bread/scrambled eggs/saute vegetables/mixed dal chilla.
Mid-morning snack: Any citrus food like oranges
Lunch: Simple home cooked meal and chutney
Afternoon/evening snacks: Fistful of nuts and seeds (flaxseeds, almonds, soaked peanuts) or roasted chana (chikpea)
Dinner: Light home cooked meal and one glass of warm milk (before bed)
These are some foods that will help increase oxygen circulation in blood --
- Fatty fish
- Leafy green vegetables
- Citrus fruits
The number of working women in India has been steadily declining, here’s why
Esper, an Android-based development platform, raises $30 million as pandemic accelerates adoption of intelligent devices
Clubhouse for Android is now available in India, but it may be too little too late
Popular on BI
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter