Brad Pitt thinks he has undiagnosed 'face blindness' and that's why he seems aloof and self-absorbed
Brad Pitttold GQ he might have an undiagnosed condition that keeps him from recognizing faces.
- NIH defines prosopagnosia as a neurological disorder that causes an inability to recognize faces.
Brad Pitt said his reputation for being aloof and self-absorbed might be tied to an undiagnosed medical condition.
The Oscar-winning actor told GQ he might suffer from prosopagnosia, or "face blindness." The National Institutes of
Pitt said he wants to remember peoples' faces and feels "ashamed" when he can't. "Nobody believes me!" he told the magazine.
Depending on the disorder's severity, people can have difficulty recognizing a familiar face or distinguishing a face as being different from an object, per NIH. One in 50 people has the disorder, according to the Prosopagnosia Research Center.
Prosopagnosia can result from stroke or brain injury, or appear at birth as a genetic condition. NIH said children born with prosopagnosia "never had a time when they could recognize faces."
Pitt has previously speculated about having prosopagnosia. In a 2013 interview with Esquire he said he has offended people because of his difficulty remembering the faces of people he meets.
Pitt told Esquire that year he was planning to get tested for prosopagnosia, and Carnegie Mellon extended an offer to have his brain imaged and examined by a neuroscientist.
"So many people hate me because they think I'm disrespecting them," Pitt said in 2013. "But it's a mystery to me, man. I can't grasp a face and yet I come from such a design/aesthetic point of view. I am going to get it tested."
Pitt has maintained a reputation for being "cool" throughout his lengthy career, but he's been embroiled in controversies following his divorce from the actress Angelina Jolie.
Jolie accused Pitt of child abuse in 2016. The Federal Bureau of Investigation later cleared Pitt of child-abuse allegations.
Following his split, Pitt said he had alcohol dependence and he's been sober for nearly six years.
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar