CDC backs boosters for all vaccinated adults
- The CDC has endorsed booster shots for adults after the FDA gave the OK;
- Dr. Fauci tells Insider he doesn't see a reason to wait to vaccinate kids 5-11 against COVID-19;
- A major study evaluates the use of masks in preventing COVID-19.
CDCjust endorsed booster shots for all adults.
- The agency approved an expert committee's verdict, that people under 50 may get boosted, but those over 50 really should.
- This allows many fully vaccinated people in the US to get boosted before the holidays.
Dr. Fauci says he doesn't understand parents who have not vaccinated their kids: 'What are you waiting for? Protect your children'
Anthony Faucidoesn't think there's any reason to wait to vaccinate 5-11 year olds.
- "There have been clinical trials that are very, very clear to show that the vaccine is highly effective and very safe," Fauci said.
- The FDA says the safety database of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine for 5-11 year olds is already as robust as those of other fully approved pediatric vaccines.
Aside from vaccination, mask-wearing seems the most effective tool for combating COVID-19, a major study suggests
- Mask-wearing seems the best public health measure for fighting COVID-19, according to a large analysis.
- Hand-washing and social distancing could also reduce the number of new COVID-19 cases, the study authors said.
- The researchers bemoaned a lack of quality data on quarantine, lockdowns, and school closures.
More stories we're reading:
- The Elizabeth Holmes trial: The defense gets served (Insider)
- A Bloomberg survey found that none of 25 large health insurers deem Biogen's new Alzheimer's drug "medically necessary" (Bloomberg)
- Austria becomes the first country in western Europe to reimpose a full COVID-19 lockdown, and says it plans to make vaccines compulsory (Insider)
- A group of scientists requested information from the FDA about vaccine data. The agency said it'd take 55 years to process. (Reuters)
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu