Chinese mainland reports 30 new Covid-19 cases
- The Chinese mainland has reported 30
new coronavirus cases, health authorities said on Friday.
- According to the National Health Commission, the new cases comprise 22 imported and eight locally transmitted, reports Xinhua news agency.
- All the locally-transmitted cases were reported in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
According to the National Health Commission, the new cases comprise 22 imported and eight locally transmitted, reports Xinhua news agency.
All the locally-transmitted cases were reported in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
Of the imported cases, 16 were reported in Shanghai, five in Shaanxi and one in Sichuan, the commission said.
Two new suspected Covid-19 cases, which were imported from outside the mainland, were reported in Shanghai, and no deaths related to the disease were reported on Thursday, the commission said.
By the end of Thursday, a total of 2,249 imported cases had been reported on the mainland. Of them, 2,075 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 174 remained hospitalized, with one in serious condition.
No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.As of Thursday, the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases on the mainland had reached 84,786, including 690 patients who were still being treated, with 39 in severe conditions.
Altogether 4,634 people have so far died of the disease.According to the commission, 21,456 close contacts were still under medical observation.
Also on Thursday, 28 new asymptomatic cases, including 24 from outside the mainland, were reported, and no asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed ones.
The commission said 309 asymptomatic cases, including 167 from outside the mainland, were still under medical observation.
Here’s how India’s 74th Independence Day celebrations will take place this year
How much Deloitte, KPMG, EY, and PwC accountants and consultants make, from entry level to executive roles
A dwarf planet between Mars and Jupiter has a salty ocean beneath its surface, making it a contender for alien life
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store