Healthcare is Amazon and Walmart's latest battleground
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, back at the helm of this daily newsletter. Today in
- How Amazon and Walmart stack up in their latest battleground, healthcare;
- We rounded up the 17 highest-paid drug industry CEOs;
- Morgan Stanley analysts lay out how Amazon could change how benefits are designed.
But first: on Monday evening, the US Food and Drug Administration authorized Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine for 12- to 15-year-olds.
It's the first to be authorized for that age group, expanding its use beyond people 16 and up here in the US.
Kids in that age group could get the shot as soon as Thursday, the FDA said.
Walmartand Amazonlaunched their healthcare-delivery businesses within weeks of each other in 2019.
- Two years later, Amazon Care has its first client and Walmart Health is buying a telehealth company.
- It's a sign of a troubled, evolving industry in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Here are the 17 highest-paid drug industry CEOs, including 2 execs who brought in $100 million-plus paydays in 2020
- Insider found the highest-paid
CEOsin the drug industry.
- We analyzed CEO pay in 2020 at nearly 200 pharma and biotech companies.
- Amazon's healthcare strategy is moving toward customized benefits, according to Morgan Stanley.
- A new analyst note highlights its focus on employers and data-driven customization for Prime users.
- It also lays out how Amazon could compete with competitors like One Medical and Teladoc.
More stories we're reading:
- The Biden administration reverses Trump and restores antidiscrimination protections for transgender Americans (Insider)
- Novavax isn't expected to seek authorization for its coronavirus vaccine until June (Washington Post)
- Still scared to return to normal life? Maybe you have 'the freeze' like me. (Insider)
- AstraZeneca is weighing skipping emergency authorization in favor of getting its vaccine fully approved - a much longer process (The Wall Street Journal)
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- OPINION: World Biofuel Day — Can biofuel help sustainably meet the growing energy needs of India?
- Kotak Mahindra rolls out a lifestyle focused salary account
- Trading on Indian crypto exchange WazirX drops by over 55%, WRX token loses sheen
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, and Buds 2 Pro launched: Check price, specifications and photos
- Will Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha be the box of chocolates Bollywood is waiting for?