How to stimulate an orgasm from ab training, according to the author of 'The Coregasm Workout'
- A "coregasm" is an
orgasmtriggered by intense abdominal work.
- Exercises like leg-raises and crunches often lead to them, researcher Debby Herbenick said.
A "coregasm" is an orgasm triggered by exercise, usually ab workouts.
Debby Herbenick, PhD, professor at the Indiana University School of Public
Leg-raises are often coregasm triggers
According to Herbenick, exercises most likely to trigger coregasms are ones that require a lot of abdominal engagement, including:
- Lying leg raises
- Hanging leg raises (using a Captain's/Roman's chair)
"For exercises like crunches, the key is engagement and seemingly to exhaust the core, which is likely why we don't tend to hear about EIOs happening from just 10 crunches (because that doesn't exhaust the
With a more demanding exercise like pull-ups, however, some people have had coregasms from as few as five reps, Herbenick said.
While some people presume coregasms are caused by external factors such as tight gym clothes or friction on the genital area (ex. from a bicycle seat), Herbenick said her research suggests they are triggered internally from within the body, involving the core and pelvic floor muscles.
The stronger your core, the more likely you are to achieve coregasm
If you want a coregasm, work on strengthening your core.
"It's not going to happen" if you don't work out much, Herbenick said.
Her research suggests that as people strengthen their core abdominal muscles, they find it easier to experience exercise
This might be because people have the capacity to perform more challenging exercises like hanging leg-raises and pull-ups, she suggests.
"I have heard from a number of men in particular who have described easier exercise orgasms when they are stronger or fitter, and losing the ability when they are more sedentary and only exercising on occasion," Herbenick said.
Housework can trigger coregasm
Herbenick said she's spoken to military and elite athletes who have experienced coregasms, but it's possible to have one from everyday movement outside of the gym, too.
"Exercise can look like lots of things," Herbenick said. "Some people experience EIOs from housework (sweeping demands core engagement) or from physical labor - we've had people in our research describe EIOs from airline baggage handling or lifting heavy equipment, which also are core-demanding."
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report