Inside Ginkgo's SPAC deal
Jessica Rinaldi/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, and today in
- We take a look inside Ginkgo's filings as it prepares to go public via SPAC at a $15 billion (!) valuation;
- These are the banks hiring healthcare dealmakers;
- The US is testing whether mixing booster COVID-19 shots is safe.
Ginkgo Bioworks is playing to investors hunting for the next Amazon. But 2 experts say the biotech is overvalued and overambitious.
Ginkgo Bioworks, a synthetic-biology company, is going public via SPAC, at a $15 billion valuation.
- Ginkgo helps drugmakers, consumer brands, and agricultural companies develop specialized microbes.
- Experts are skeptical of the substantial growth plans Ginkgo has promised investors.
Here's which Wall Street banks are snapping up healthcare dealmakers in what one headhunter calls an 'extremely, extremely active' hiring market
- Healthcare investment
bankersare in high demand, and many rainmakers are on the move.
- Firms like SVB Leerink, JPMorgan, and Deutsche Bank are all poaching top talent.
The US launches a one-of-a-kind trial to tell us whether mixing vaccine booster shots is a good idea
- The US is testing whether mix-and-match booster vaccines for COVID-19 work and are safe.
- An NIAID-backed trial will test giving a dose of Moderna's COVID-19 shot to fully vaccinated people.
- The people may have previously received vaccines from Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson.
More stories we're reading:
- Fauci's emails show how he was flooded with concerns for his health, interview requests, and dubious PPE ideas at the start of the pandemic. He sometimes replied in the dead of night. (Insider)
- Inside the death of Philadelphia's Hahnemann University Hospital (The New Yorker)
- The White House just announced a ton of incentives companies are offering Americans who get vaccinated against COVID-19, including free beer for everyone over 21 (Insider)
- Direct-to-consumer healthcare startup Thirty Madison is now valued at more than $1 billion (Bloomberg)
Popular on BI
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 1.79 times on day 1
- As Sensex, Nifty50 hit record highs, this is what experts are advising investors
- FM concludes week-long consultation meetings for Budget 2023-24
- WhatsApp data of 500 million users might be on sale says Mashable India
- Traders' body seeks printing of Indian Nutrition rating on food packets