J&J's coronavirus shots are back in the US
Ben Hasty/MediaNews Group/Reading Eagle/Getty Images
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, and today in
- The US is resuming its rollout of J&J's vaccine;
- A man getting Moderna's booster shot shares what it's like to get a third dose;
- When you do and don't have to wear a mask outside.
The US is resuming its rollout of Johnson & Johnson's vaccine after a pause to investigate blood clots
- The US will resume using Johnson & Johnson's coronavirus
- The decision came after a
CDCcommittee voted to recommend using the shots.
- The US paused its rollout on April 13, citing concerns over rare blood clots.
A man who got his first COVID-19 vaccine a year ago in Moderna's clinical trial just received his third shot - and he's feeling great
- Ian Haydon got his first Moderna shot in a clinical trial more than a year ago.
- He's now participating in a trial to determine whether a booster shot would be safe to take.
- Haydon has posted about his experience on social media and said he's been amazed at the responses.
You don't always have to wear a mask outside. Experts share 'really simple' ways to know when you need one and when you don't.
- You don't need to wear a mask whenever you step outside.
- If you're exercising alone it's perfectly fine to go maskless.
- Just bring your mask along and be prepared to pull it up if you meet others while you're out and about.
More stories we're reading:
- The US will help India produce more coronavirus vaccines, releasing raw materials and expanding factories in broad push to blunt its COVID-19 crisis (Insider)
- Houston Methodist said it will fire workers who refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine (Houston Chronicle)
- One dose of the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine provides protection against COVID-19 that lasts at least 10 weeks, study finds (Insider)
- Women are selling breast milk online after getting COVID-19 vaccines with the hope of passing along antibodies to newborns (US News)
- India's harrowing coronavirus surge is a 'global problem': New variants and slow vaccine rollouts are a threat to countries everywhere (Insider)
- Costco wants to help companies save money on their employees prescriptions (Bloomberg)
- Accolade is buying virtual care company PlushCare (Stat News)
Popular on BI
- Jhulan Goswami’s two decade-long career is ‘monumental’, says BCCI on her retirement
- Chandigarh airport to be named after Bhagat Singh: PM Modi
- RBI set for fourth straight rate hike to quell inflation, say experts
- No peace overtures expected between India and Pakistan
- Space dedicated to food and beverage companies in malls on the rise post pandemic