Kehlani revealed she's a lesbian during an Instagram live
- Kehlani came out as a lesbian during a friend's Instagram live over the weekend.
- The singer previously identified as pansexual and has been open about her sexuality for years.
- "You wanna know what's new about me? I finally know I'm a lesbian," she said on April 5.
Kehlani came out as a lesbian over the weekend during a friend's Instagram Live.
"You wanna know what's new about me? I finally know I'm a lesbian," she said during photograph Jamie-Lee B's Easter live stream.
- (@txritillas) April 6, 2021The singer and queer icon, who uses she/they pronouns, has always been open about being a member of the LGBTQ community and previously told Nylon she identified as pansexual. In 2020, she told Diva Magazine she identifies somewhere along the non-binary gender spectrum and changed the pronouns in her social media bios to she/they.
"Not only is Kehlani a lesbian, they're a she/they lesbian. Y'all don't understand how seen I feel. Her music and lyrics I've always related to and ik now I'm just gonna connect even more," one fan wrote on Twitter.
-Sam (@MlLFSEY) April 6, 2021Kehlani recently explained while she has always been an openly queer artist, she has "cisgender-presenting, straight-presenting" privilege during an interview with the Advocate published on April 6.
"I have a lot of privilege," Kehlani told the publication. "I think a lot of artists who we talk about and say, 'Oh, they had to come out or they had to do this,' a lot of them can't hide it. A lot of it is very [much] in how they present. It's tougher for trans artists. It's tougher for Black gay men. It's tougher for Black masculine gay women."
- India records highest single-day rise of 2,61,500 COVID-19 cases and 1,501 deaths
- Odisha halts COVID-19 vaccination drive in 1,035 sites due to its acute shortage
- All Migrant workers coming to Uttar Pradesh to be quarantined
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS updated with M1 chip support
- GoaMiles, a new state-backed cab aggregator service in tourists' hub has the taxi drivers on strike for 10 days