Russia claims its new COVID-19 vaccine has pre-orders from 20 countries
Russiahas received pre-orders of a billion doses for their coronavirusvaccine from 20 countries.
- The development came as Russian President Vladimir
Putin, earlier on August 11, announced that his country has developed the first vaccine that works quite effectively"
- He said that one of his daughters took part in the experiment and she was vaccinated against the coronavirus.
The development came as Russian President Vladimir Putin, earlier on August 11, announced that his country has developed the first vaccine that works quite effectively" and "forms a stable immunity" against
The vaccine was developed jointly by the Gamaleya Research Institute and the Russian Defence Ministry. It has two separately-injected components that together are expected to build long-term immunity against the virus. The Russian vaccine against the coronavirus will begin production at two sites - the Gamaleya Research Institute and the company Binnopharm.
Putin made the claim during a government meeting where he described it as "a very important step for the world".
Putin thanked everyone who worked on the first-ever vaccine against the coronavirus and hoped that Russia will be able to start mass production of this medication in the near future.
"I hope that our colleagues abroad will also move forward, and there will be quite a lot of products that can be used on the market, on the world market for medicines and vaccines," Putin was quoted as saying by the agency.
Clinical trials of the vaccine kicked off on June 18 and included 38 volunteers. All of the participants developed an immunity. The first group was discharged on July 15, the second group on July 20.
According to the tally kept by Johns Hopkins University, coronavirus has infected more than 20 million people worldwide.
There are six
Trump was rushed from the briefing room by Secret Service after a shooting outside the White House
McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now
A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s
- Celebrate International Coffee Day with these easy recipes
- Strong listing for CAMS — stock debuts 23% higher than IPO issue price
- Chemcon makes a lot of money for its IPO investors — shares list at double the issue price
- Top stock movers — RIL, PVR, Bajaj Auto, INOX Leisure, ONGC, Oil India and more
- ISRO to carry first-ever French payload abroad Venus mission scheduled for 2025