Sprinter Usain Bolt gave his daughter, Olympia Lightning Bolt, a name fit for an Olympian
- Usain Bolt and his girlfriend, Kasi Bennett, welcomed a daughter in May.
- On Tuesday, the Olympic gold medalist revealed their baby's name: Olympia Lightning Bolt.
- The sprinter has said in interviews that he would discourage his child from pursuing his sport.
Usain Bolt seems pretty sure that his daughter will follow in his speedy footsteps.
Bolt shared the first photo of his daughter, and her name, in an emotional post on Instagram on his girlfriend's birthday.
"I want nothing but happiness for [you] and will continue to [do] my best keeping a smile on [your] face," Bolt wrote in the post. "Now we have started a new chapter together with our daughter Olympia Lightning Bolt, I look forward to what the future will bring for us."
I want to wish my gf @kasi.b a happy birthday and To let u know I am happy I get to spend ur special day with u. I want nothing but happiness for u and will continue to doing my best keeping a smile on ur face. Now we have started a new chapter together with our daughter Olympia Lightning Bolt I look forward to what the future will bring for us but be reassured that I will be the ROCK for this family. I Love you and happy 21th birthday .
Bolt's daughter shares a name with another child of a famous Olympian. Serena Williams named her daughter, born in 2017, Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr.
Lots of celebrity parents have also used a play on words when naming their children. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian famously named their firstborn North West in 2013.
Though Bolt gave his daughter a name with a speed theme, he has said in past interviews that he wouldn't encourage his child to pursue sprinting.
"That's going to be hard for my kid," he said in an interview during the Super Bowl in February, according to Yahoo Sports. "If they want to do it, I'm fine with it. But initially I'm going to say don't do it, 'cause I know the pressure that will come along with it."
- Intel unveils 13th gen Raptor Lake processors with up to 24 cores
- New Covid-like virus found in Russian bats — Here’s all you need to know
- Land records of Lord Jagannath's over 60,000 acres in 7 states to be digitised
- The sustainability edge: Smriti Irani, Bhupendra Yadav to grace The Economic Times SDGs Summit 2022 that aims to change ideas to solutions
- Samsung’s phone batteries are reportedly swelling up – here’s everything you need to know