These are the fastest-growing biotech companies
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, and today in
- We found the 29 fastest-growing biotechs;
- Sanofi and GSK get promising results for their COVID-19 shot;
- Amazon is launching a diagnostics brand, Insider has learned.
See the 29 fastest-growing biotech companies, which hired hundreds of new workers in 2020 and grew by at least 50%
- Insider analyzed more than 150 drug companies to figure out which biotechs grew the most in 2020.
biotechand pharma companies expanded their head count by at least 50% during the pandemic.
- Several of the companies told us they intend to continue hiring throughout 2021.
Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline say their COVID-19 vaccine triggers a strong immune response, bolstering the late-comer program's potential as a booster shot
Sanofiand GlaxoSmithKline said that their experimental COVID-19 vaccinesucceeded in a mid-stage trial.
- The pharma giants plan to launch a pivotal-stage study with 35,000 volunteers in the coming weeks.
- The shot suffered from disappointing data and delays in 2020.
Amazon plans new 'Diagnostics' brand that offers at-home medical tests for COVID-19, sexually transmitted infections, and clinical genomics
Amazonis planning to launch a new brand called " Diagnostics," Insider has learned.
- The team is in talks to offer home testing kits for COVID-19 and other infections, including STDs.
- It's part of Amazon's move into the broader healthcare space. It also operates an online pharmacy and telehealth services.
More stories we're reading:
- Coronavirus vaccines are more extraordinary in the real world than in trials - even in the face of variants (Insider)
- The US is sharing 20 million authorized vaccines abroad by the end of June (Bloomberg)
- A new Medicare program promises to be a 'huge' revenue opportunity for companies like Clover Health, but profiting from it won't be easy (Insider)
- Why you might have a pushy dentist (US News)
- The US is studying how COVID-19 vaccines work in people with suppressed immune systems - after research suggested they develop fewer antibodies from the shots (Insider)
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months