These are the projected dates for peak COVID-19 infections in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Jaipur
- The number of infections in some of the big cities are already past their peak and are likely to trend down hereon.
- The latest Sero survey from two of the most affected cities in the country —
Mumbaiand Delhi — have sparked the hope for herd immunityagainst COVID-19. Chennai, which recently emerged as the worst-affected city in Tamil Nadu, is likely to witness its peak soon.
AdvertisementIndia's COVID-19 tally stands went from 1.4 million to 1.5 million in 2 days with a total of 34,193 deaths. At the same time the recoveries are just a little short of the million mark, according to
However, there is a silver lining. As per the latest data by India Outbreak Report, the number of infections in Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad and Thane are already past their peak and are likely to trend down hereon.
These are the dates in which other cities and states are likely to see the maximum number of daily infections, after which the daily increase will start waning.
The latest sero survey from two of the most affected cities in the country — Mumbai and Delhi — have sparked the hope for herd immunity against COVID-19.
However, experts warn that it may be too soon to say that a big chunk of the population has developed antibodies against the novel
The fall in active cases and fresh infections should not be a cue for being less careful. The count may fall but it will not disappear in a hurry. Masks, gloves, social distancing and other protective measures should continue to avoid contraction.
EXCLUSIVE: M&M Financial Managing Director gets candid about the rights issue, the bleak prospects for this year and why there should be no more loan moratorium
India's broking industry just got the shock of its life – SEBI may soon allow investors to trade directly on the exchange
These 10 Indian colleges have produced India’s most funded startup owners
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Poco X5 Pro Review - Solid performance, boring design
- PM launches 20% ethanol blended petrol in 11 states/UTs
- ITC stock scales 52-week high as brokerages hike target price
- Last mile deliveries, food aggregators to drive E2W growth says Redseer
- Poco’s mid-range smartphone X5 Pro 5G launched in India starting at ₹22,999