Three COVID-19 vaccine are under advance trials, 4 in advanced pre-clinical stage, says government
- The government on Wednesday said more than 30 vaccine candidates for
coronavirushave been supported, and three of them are in advance stages of trials now.
- While four are in advanced pre-clinical development stage.
The government on Wednesday said more than 30 vaccine candidates for coronavirus have been supported, and three of them are in advance stages of trials now, while four are in advanced pre-clinical development stage.
Union Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai also told the Rajya Sabha that 13 clinical trials of repurposed drugs have been undertaken to build a portfolio of therapeutic options for
READ ALSO: COVID-19 vaccine updates from around the world — these nine candidates are at phase III trial stage
"More than 30 vaccine candidates have been supported which are in different stages of development, 3 candidates are in advanced stage of Phase I, II, III trials and more than 4 are in advanced pre-clinical development stage," he said.
Rai said a national expert group on vaccine administration for COVID-19 was constituted on August 7, under the NITI Aayog.
We won't have enough COVID-19 vaccine for everybody until 2024, warns world's largest vaccine producer
Amid India-China standoff, Tencent is back with an investment in Flipkart
- Odisha man arrested for manufacturing fake Covid-19 vaccine
- J&J Covid vaccine produces strong immune response in early trials
- PM Modi at UNGA: 'How long will India be kept out of decision-making structures of UN'
- China says WHO gave support for Covid vaccine emergency use
- WHO warns death toll may hit 2mn even with vaccine