Tom Brady said Thanksgiving is the only day a year he says 'screw it' to his strict diet
Tom Bradyusually follows a strict diet, which excludes foods like dairy, some fruits, and some meats.
- But the 45-year-old NFL quarterback says he reserves one day per year to say "screw it" to his diet.
The 45-year-old NFL quarterback said that he enjoys the holiday by saying "screw it" to his diet, during an episode of his podcast "Let's Go! With Tom Brady, Larry Fitzgerald, and Jim Gray."
During the podcast, Oprah Winfrey, who appeared as a guest, asked Brady what kind of food he can eat at the Thanksgiving table.
"Just like everyone else," Brady responded. "That's the one meal where I'm like, screw it, let's go for it. And we all get to enjoy it."
Brady's regular diet rules out most holiday treats
Brady has earmarked several major food groups as completely off-limits, including dairy,
Brady's regular approach to food involves eating "alkalizing" foods — which have naturally low pH levels to help decrease inflammation.
Brady said he is looking forward to loosening up his lifestyle more
Brady has said his strict lifestyle and the TB12 Method have helped him to play at an elite level well into his 40s.
Last year, Brady said he was looking forward to having "some of those more normal holidays" — indulging and spending time with family — once he retires. He said that, on Thanksgiving and Christmas, he only gets four hours to enjoy food with relatives.
"Practice usually ends about 1 or 2 PM, you eat about 3:30, and then you're getting ready for the next day of practice," Brady said during his podcast.
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- It’s not just Mercedes, even bank deposits are competing with equities
- A former Facebook exec says an employee at a 'large tech company' once complained to the CEO in an all-hands meeting about the quality of company toilet paper
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol