We won't get coronavirus vaccine results in October
Pfizer's CEO repeatedly talked up getting coronavirus vaccine data in October. Now, he's asking for patience.
PfizerCEO Albert Bourla effectively closed the door Tuesday on knowing whether or not its experimental coronavirus vaccinewould work by the end of October.
- On the New York pharma giant's third quarter earnings call, Bourla acknowledged the company has not yet started the first interim analysis for this final study, called a phase-three trial.
- In September, Bourla set public expectations for an October data readout, a timeline at odds with top government scientists like Dr. Anthony Fauci and Moncef Slaoui, Operation Warp Speed's chief scientist.
- Instead, Bourla asked on Tuesday for patience, as the study progresses.
- Pharmaceutical company
Eli Lillyannounced Monday it would stop trials testing an antibody drug in hospitalized patients after data suggested treatment was "unlikely" to help this group recover from COVID-19.
- Eli Lilly had paused trials of the treatment in mid October after an independent board of experts raised health concerns.
- The company said trials including patients with milder forms of COVID-19 would continue.
A timeline of Trump's statements about the coronavirus juxtaposed with new cases throughout the pandemic
- President Donald
Trumphas made contradictory and false statements about the coronaviruspandemic since January.
- The chart below provides a timeline of some of Trump's statements juxtaposed with rates of new daily COVID-19 cases in the US.
- A Yale scientist has written the first great book on how coronavirus is changing our lives — and he says 'normality' isn't coming back until 2024 (Business Insider)
- Researchers are starting to get an idea of what cognitive damage COVID-19 might cause (Reuters)
- WATCH: Dentists debunk 14 teeth myths (Business Insider)
- Livongo's CEO and president are leaving after the Teladoc merger is completed (MedCity News)
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit