What's in store for the next wave of vaccines
Happy Monday! We're starting off the day with some fresh
Meanwhile, we're still waiting for news on whether Johnson & Johnson's vaccine works, expected by the end of the month.
More than 200 coronavirus vaccines are still in development as the initial vaccine rollout ramps up. Here's how experts anticipate 2021 playing out.
- A handful of
coronavirusvaccines are now being rolled out around the world.
- Over 200 more vaccine candidates are in development, despite facing a higher bar to get to market.
- Insider talked with leading vaccine developers and industry analysts to see how the vaccine landscape will change in 2021.
Humana just launched its answer to the new crop of insurer startups in the red-hot health-plan market for older people
Humanahas launched a new venture called Author, which offers technology-driven health plans for older people.
- The CEO of Humana said insurer startups like Clover Health prompted the new project.
- Author launched in South Carolina in 2021 and already has 15,000 members.
Alphabet's age-fighting bet Calico has been quiet for years, but it's hiring. Here are all the open jobs open at the secretive biotech firm.
- Calico, the Google-backed biotech company devoted to solving ageing, is one of Alphabet's most secretive divisions.
- The company has opened up a handful of new positions in the past few weeks, and some of the roles give us a glimpse into what
Calicohas in store for 2021.
- The most high profile of the roles is a new head of oncology research. The previous oncology lead left in 2019.
More stories we're reading:
- Why biotech firms are still developing COVID-19 vaccines (Boston Business Journal)
- WATCH: COVID-19 vaccines are making their way around the world, but global immunity is still far off (Business Insider)
- Some states aren't tracking vaccine wastage (ProPublica)
- Hims CEO took a trip to China before COVID hit and still sees Asia as a 'massive market opportunity.' (Business Insider)
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- This herb is the magic fertilizer needed to grow vegetables on Mars
- IPO frenzy returns as equity markets bounce back – ₹52,000 crore worth IPOs lined up in 2022 so far
- LIC Mutual Fund's large & mid cap funds offer 12.49% CAGR since inception
- Tencent fires 5.5K workers as sales down for 1st time since going public
- Centre to form panel to seek views on adopting universal charger model