When will kids get COVID shots?
Francine Orr /Los Angeles Times via Getty Images
- When to expect coronavirus vaccine authorizations for kids;
- Mental-health upstarts that charge as much as $99 a visit and don't take insurance risk leaving out vulnerable people;
- Athletes are sharing more about their mental health at the Tokyo Olympics.
Vaccines may get authorized for young kids in October. Here are the drug companies' most likely timelines.
vaccineswon't be available for children under 12 until after school starts.
- Pfizer expects to know how its vaccine performs among kids ages 5 to 11 by the end of September.
- Moderna could seek FDA authorization in the winter or early next year.
Startups are pioneering new ways to get therapy or depression meds. They're betting it's the future of healthcare, but they risk leaving out vulnerable people.
- Digital-health companies want to capitalize on the rising demand for mental-health care.
- Some say they offer cheaper, easier access to online therapy and medication by taking cash.
- Critics say they risk leaving out vulnerable people and worsening care.
Athletesat the Tokyo Olympics have been outspoken about their mental healthin recent weeks.
- Most recently, Simone Biles withdrew from the gymnastics team finals over mental health concerns.
- Psychologists have lauded Biles and other athletes for helping to break the stigma of mental illness.
More stories we're reading:
- Louisiana has a higher rate of COVID-19 infections than any country in the world (Insider)
- Sanofi is buying mRNA company Translate Bio in a $3.2 billion deal (Reuters)
- 1 in 3 new COVID-19 cases over the past week were in 2 states - Texas and Florida, White House official says (Insider)
- How tech could influence the future of trans healthcare (Mother Jones)
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders