3 astronauts arrived at China's new space station, which it's building as it's banned from the International Space Station
- Three Chinese astronauts have arrived at the
space stationChina is building.
- They will stay for six months to help the set up of the station, as
Chinais barred from the ISS.
Three Chinese astronauts have arrived at China's new
They arrived on Saturday morning in the Shenzhou-13 spacecraft, the China Manned Space Agency said. It said the crew "is in good condition and the launch is a complete success."
China, barred from the International Space Station, is now building its own one, which it plans to have finished by the end of 2022.
The crew, Zhai Zhigang, Wang Yaping, and Ye Guanfu, is to stay for six months, which will be the longest mission to the station yet and will help in its set up.
Three Chinese astronauts returned from the station in September after a three-month mission. It was the first crew to fly to and from the station.
China aims to build a 66-ton Chinese Space Station, which is has named Tiangong, as Insider's Morgan McFall-Johnsen previously reported.
Chinese astronauts were banned from the International Space Station (ISS) in 2011 by US lawmakers. The aging ISS may be out of commission by the 2030s.
The China Manned Space Agency said the crew will "carry out tasks such as mechanical arm operation, extravehicular activities, and modules transfer, to further verify a series of key technologies such as long-term residence in space, recycling of resources and life support for astronauts."
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report