A Florida mom lost her 2 sons to COVID-19 in the span of 12 hours after they refused to get the vaccine
- Lisa Brandon's sons Free and Aaron Jaggi, 41 and 35, died within a day of each other due to COVID-19.
- Brandon told News4Jax that her sons refused to get vaccinated.
- Brandon got sick at the same time as her sons, but credits her milder case with having gotten vaccinated.
Lisa Brandon told News4Jax that she and her sons Aaron Jaggi, 35, and Free Jaggi, 41, who lived with her, got sick with COVID-19 in late July.
While Brandon got better, both of her sons got worse and had to be hospitalized and eventually put on ventilators after developing double pneumonia. Free died on August 12, followed by his brother just hours later on August 13.
Now their mom is speaking out in and hopes that her story will drive others to get vaccinated.
"It's a parent's worst nightmare," Brandon told News4Jax. "The only reason I'm doing this is to put the word out to please get vaccinated."
Brandon credits having gotten the Moderna vaccine herself with her milder case and said she believes her sons "would be alive today if they would have gotten their shot."
"They wouldn't have gotten it as bad. I wish I could have made them do it. And now it's too late," Brandon told News4Jax.
Brandon has now lost all of her children. Her other son, David, died five years ago. She also has to move out of her house because she shared rent with her sons.
A GoFundMe has been set up to help Brandon with funeral expenses. As of Sunday, it had raised more than $19,000.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders