AI IN MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS: How top US health systems are reacting to the disruptive force of AI by revolutionizing diagnostic imaging, clinical decision support, and personalized medicine
- This is a preview of the AI in Medical Diagnosis research report from Business Insider Intelligence.
- Purchase this report.
- Business Insider Intelligence offers even more healthcare coverage with Digital Health Pro. Subscribe today to receive industry-changing digital health news and analysis to your inbox.
AI is rocking medical diagnosis with its potential to incite drastic improvements to hospital processes. AI can process images and patient health records with more accuracy and expediency than humans are capable of, lessening physician workload, reducing misdiagnosis, and empowering clinical staff to provide more value.
While early moving hospitals are already extracting value from AI in medical diagnosis, most US hospitals are at the very early stage of the AI transformation curve - and they risk falling behind if they don't move now.In this report, Business Insider Intelligence examines the value of AI applications in three high-value areas of medical diagnosis - imaging, clinical decision support, and personalized medicine - to illustrate how the tech can drastically improve patient outcomes, lower costs, and increase productivity.
The companies mentioned in this report are: Aidoc, Allscripts, Amazon, Arterys, Boston Gene, Cabell Huntington Hospital, Cerner, Cleveland Clinic, Epic, Geisinger Health System, Google, HCA Healthcare, IBM, iCAD, IDx, Intermountain Healthcare, Johns Hopkins, Meditech, Microsoft, Mount Sinai, NorthShore University HealthSystem, Oak Street Health, Stanford University, Tempus, UCI Health System, Unanimous AI, Verily, Viz.ai, and Yale New Haven Hospital.Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- The use of AI in diagnostic imaging, clinical decision support, and precision medicine offers the greatest cost savings and efficiency opportunities across hospitals.
- Most US hospitals haven't implemented AI, and risk missing the tech's gain if they don't develop an effective AI strategy.
- Early moving health systems are already reaping the reward of AI in medical diagnosis by improving outcomes, driving efficiency, and reducing costs.
- The winning strategies employed by hospitals that are undergoing an AI transformation reveal how to best capture the opportunity. These strategies highlight the need for an AI strategy underpinned by talent, data aggregation techniques, and partnerships with external vendors
In full, the report:
- Outlines how AI is disrupting medical diagnosis in US hospitals.
- Details the three key AI use cases within medical diagnosis that will create the most value.
- Identifies transformation strategies US hospitals can leverage to deploy AI effectively.
- Predicts how the use of AI will evolve within clinical decision support, diagnostic imaging, and precision medicine.
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
- Sign up for Digital Health Pro , Business Insider Intelligence's expert product suite keeping you up-to-date on the people, technologies, trends, and companies shaping the future of healthcare, delivered to your inbox 6x a week. >> Get Started
- Subscribe to a Premium pass to Business Insider Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and more than 250 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
- Current subscribers can read the report here.
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise