Amazon Prime has dozens of workout videos perfect for sheltering inside. Here's how to find them.
Photo by Peter Kovalev\TASS via Getty Images
- The coronavirus outbreak that originated in China has killed more than 19,000 people worldwide and infected more than 441,000, according to recent totals.
- The US is now the third-hardest-hit country, and people are staying home and isolating, many under shelter-in-place orders.
- For people stuck inside, Amazon Prime Video has a surprisingly large catalog of workout videos.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Getting your daily steps in is harder than ever while stuck inside social distancing due to the spread of coronavirus. Luckily, Amazon Prime has workout videos of just about every type to get you through it.COVID-19, the coronavirus disease, originated in China, but now the majority of cases are in Europe and the US, and the US has become the third-hardest-hit country. One-third of the world is officially under some kind of lockdown now, and places across the US have ordered nonessential businesses to close. The virus also has been hard on shipping and infrastructure, with some Amazon Prime deliveries delayed up to a month, but the $119 per year subscription has some other hidden perks that might come in handy right now. Advertisement
Whether exercise is a stress-reliever, or just a distraction from the news, here's a look at the kind of workouts included with Amazon Prime.
Featured Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry Explained
- Value-Based Care Explained
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market
- Smart Medical Devices & Wearable Tech
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Explained- AI in Medical Diagnosis Systems
If you're not sure what kind of workout to do, check out the "exercise and fitness" genre on Amazon.
There, you can further break down your search by type of exercise, and level.Advertisement
Any kind of yoga video you could want is available on Amazon Prime. Yoga with Adriene is particularly great, because her dog sits in on many sessions.
Some yoga classes are specifically formatted to help ease stress.Advertisement
Others target specific areas; neck and shoulder relief could be perfect for someone newly working from home.
There are beginner classes, advanced classes, and everything in between.Advertisement
There are even yoga workouts designed specifically for kids, who might also need a change of routine while stuck at home.
Find any kind of workout you want, from Zumba...Advertisement
Even strength training workouts usually require minimal equipment.
Plenty of workouts are divided into 10- or 15-minute segments, perfect for a quick break during the workday.Advertisement
- Google elevates Prabhakar Raghavan as head of Search, Assistant
- The $6 billion Wadia family’s plan to shed stake in Britannia has the 150-year old Bombay Burmah up and running
- UPSC CSE exam date 2020 announced, prelims on October 4, mains on January 8,2021
- Sebi penalises 1 person in WhatsApp leak case
- South Africa reports largest daily jump in cases