An investment firm raked in $730 million in a single day after making a huge bet on a biotech stock
- Investment firm Baker Bros. Advisors profited $730 million Monday after its stake in Seattle Genetics soared on positive drug news, according to Bloomberg data.
- The biotech company's tucatinib treatment surpassed expectations in a recent breast cancer study and improved the condition for patients whose cancer had reached their brains, the company said.
- Baker Bros. held a 29% stake in the company as of June 30, a position now worth about $5 billion after the positive drug news.
- Watch Seattle Genetics trade live here.
the company said in a release.Advertisement
Baker Bros. held a 29% stake in the biotech company as of June 30, according to Bloomberg, a position worth about $5 billion after the positive drug news. Seattle Genetics is the firm's largest holding.
The biotech company has 12 "buy" ratings, five "hold" ratings, and one "sell" rating, with a consensus price target of $90.13, according to Bloomberg data.The company's consensus price target jumped nearly 5% after Monday's news prompted a series of upgrades. Now read more markets coverage from Markets Insider and Business Insider:Advertisement
6 principles women entrepreneurs can use to disrupt 'boys' club' industriesAdvertisement
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
- US President Donald Trump claims India does not give a 'straight count' on COVID-19 death toll
- Reliance Retail seals its third deal this month – General Atlantic to invest ₹3,675 crore
- Babri Masjid demolition verdict today, UP on high alert
- Punjab BJP sets up 8-member panel to tell farmers the benefit of the new agricultural laws
- UP Police forcibly cremates Hathras’ rape victim’s body overnight, alleges family