Anna Wintour is self-quarantining after returning from Fashion Week in Milan, near the center of Italy's coronavirus outbreak
- Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of Vogue, is working from home in efforts to self-quarantine after returning from Milan Fashion Week, according to the New York Post.
- She is not showing any symptoms but is taking precautionary measures due to the spread of the coronavirus in Italy, a spokesman told the Post.
- Milan is the largest city in Lombardy, the region which has been hardest hit by a coronavirus outbreak that has killed 79 people and infected 2,263 in Italy, according to The Local.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Anna Wintour, the legendary editor-in-chief of US Vogue magazine, has self-isolated and is working from home after returning from Milan Fashion Week, according to the New York Post.
The Condé Nast artistic director is not showing any sign of having the coronavirus, according to a spokesman for Vogue owners Condé Nast, who spoke to the Post.
Instead, she is one of several editors being "overly cautious" after visiting Milan, a global fashion capital, but also located in one of the regions worst-hit by the coronavirus outbreak in Italy.
Milan, where the Fashion Week ran until February 24, is the largest city in Lombardy, where the majority of Italy's 2,263 coronavirus cases are clustered, according to Italy's edition of The Local.
79 people in Italy have died of the coronavirus so far, The Local said.
Lombardy is scrambling to adapt its regional healthcare system to tackle the coronavirus, but experiencing significant trouble, Business Insider's Sarah Al-Arshani reported.
Other fashion figures self-isolating following Milan Fashion Week are Elle's editor-in-chief Nina Garcia, Harper's Bazaar publisher Carol Smith, Aya Kanai, Marie Claire's top editor, and InStyle editor-in-chief Laura Brown, reported the New York Post.
None have are said to have shown any symptoms.
Troy Young, president of Hearst, which publishes Elle, told the New York Post that the company is being "overly cautious."
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round