Boyan Slat, founder of The Ocean Cleanup, to speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival 2020
At age 16, Dutch innovator
Slat eventually proposed a massive cleanup device that could collect plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, a trash-filled vortex that's more than twice the size of Texas.The first version of the tool was deployed in the Pacific Ocean in 2018, but began spilling the plastic it had collected.
Slat will be on stage at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival, a virtual event taking place October 19-23, for his Wednesday talk "The Largest Cleanup in History."More sustainability-focused programming will follow, including sessions on plant-based meat alternatives going mainstream with Stuart Kronauge, CMO, Beyond Meat, and on sustainable finance with Sergio P. Ermotti, Group CEO, UBS.
See the full schedule for the event here.
- Compound Interest Waiver Scheme applies to everyone but provides limited relief — Here’s everything you need to know
- Best budget truly wireless earbuds in India
- India is the most attractive emerging market for clean energy investment, says Prime Minister Modi
- Tata Motors may report loss for yet another quarter led by weak JLR sales, commercial vehicles’ pain
- Supreme Court jumps in for Amazon and Flipkart after Karnataka High Court remains mum on investigation against their anti-competitive practices for over 200 days