Brazil records 4,000 daily COVID-19 deaths for the first time
Brazilrecorded more than 4,000 COVID-19deaths within 24 hours for the first time in the pandemic.
- Brazil has one of the world's worst outbreaks and the second-highest death toll.
- The country has dug mass graves, and the health system is close to collapse in many areas.
Brazil has recorded more than 4,000
Brazil has seen its cases and deaths soar, and it is now on track to overtake the US as the country with the highest number of coronavirus deaths, despite its population being two-thirds the size.Experts also worry that new variants could emerge as the virus spreads out of control. Scientists discovered a more contagious variant in Brazil earlier this year, and researchers say it could spread more easily or reinfect people who have already had the virus.
- ICICI Bank, Tech Mahindra, Nestle India and other hot stocks to track on April 20
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate